In order to enhance the efficiency of coordination of the National Targeted Program for New Rural Development (NTP-NRD) and the One Village One Product (OVOP) program, in the presence of Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue, Minister of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) Nguyen Xuan Cuong, the NTP-NRD Coordination Office and Vietnam Handicraft Exporters Association (VIETCRAFT) has signed a strategic cooperation agreement for the period 2018-2020 with the following specific contents:
- Coordination to release One Commune, One Product (OCOP) magazine.
- Coordination to organize trade fairs and trade promotion activities for OCOP products. Supporting businesses, cooperatives and OCOP manufacturing bases to participate in other trade fairs and events at provincial, regional, national and international levels.
- Coordination to develop the distribution system of OCOP products nationwide through the media, promoting the development of OCOP distribution systems at the at provincial, regional and national levels.
- Coordination to organize national consultancy activities to help local authorities, enterprises, cooperatives and households throughout the country in implementing the OCOP program, developing value chains and products under the OCOP cycle. Coordination to organize activities to enhance knowledge and skills of staffs and private economic organizations.
- Coordination to develop the OCOP National Innovation Center.
- Coordination to develop a number of OCOP product development models including the typical OCOP development models under the 6 OCOP groups of products, OCOP development models for specific regions and the ulilization of local resources especially in difficult areas (South West, Central Highlands, North West)...
Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue emphasized that OCOP is an implementation with a starting point but no end. After 2020, the government will review it for long-term implementation.